The 2014 updates to the HPUS Web Site.
The following updates apply to the Subscriber side of the web site only. Subscribers can view the individual monographs and other sections of the HPUS for more detail:
1. The section Guidelines for Manufacturing Homeopathic Medicines was published in Spring 2014 in advance of its official implementation date of 31 March 2017 to give the industry time to review and implement the information contained therein. As of 1 April 2017, the General Pharmacy Section and the Class Designations will no longer be a part of the official HPUS document; the information contained in those two sections has been incorporated and greatly expanded in the Guidelines for Manufacturing Homeopathic Medicines.
2. The following 6 new monographs, submitted by an outside sponsor, were published on the web site in April 2014, and were republished in October 2014 following the expiration of a 90-day public comment period:
ACONITICUM ACIDUM, CIS-
ADENOSINUM TRIPHOSPHORICUM DINATRUM
3. The following 39 monographs have had new QUALITY CONTROL specifications added to them, and have been posted for public comment as of April 2014. The QUALITY CONTROL specifications will become official following the expiration of an 18-month Public Comment period:
FUNICULUS UMBILICALIS SUIS
GLANDULA SUPRARENALIS SUIS
MUCOSA NASALIS SUIS
4. The following 13 monographs have had new QUALITY CONTROL specifications added to them, and have been posted for public comment as of October 2014. The QUALITY CONTROL specifications will become official following the expiration of an 18-month Public Comment period:
5. The public comment period for QUALITY CONTROL specifications for the following 47 monographs expired in October 2014. The monographs were republished with the date "November 2014" on each monograph:
BERBERIS VULGARIS, FRUCTUS
MERCURIUS PRAECIPITATUS ALBUS
6. The following published monographs were corrected as described below:
a. MENTHOLUM: Preparation and Classification were changed from "Class B" to "Class A" based on the starting material's solubility in alcohol; External Use value was changed from "4X" to "1X", and a warning statement regarding topical use was added to the monograph.
b. RHEUM: In the Quality Control section, the Dry Residue specification was changed from "not less than 2.0% and not more than 3.0%" to "not less than 2.0%."
c. URTICA URENS: In the Quality Control section, the Tincture Color specification was changed from "orange-tinted brown" to "greenish-brown to orange-tinted brown."
7. The Drug Data Tables have been updated (populated by updated monograph data).
8. The Official Short Names list has been updated (populated by updated monograph data).
9. The List of Synonyms has been updated (populated by
updated monograph data).