The 2012 updates to the HPUS Web Site. Subscribers can view monographs for the updates.
1. The following 44 monographs have had new QUALITY CONTROL specifications added to them, and have been posted for public comment as of April 2012. The QUALITY CONTROL specifications will become official following the expiration of an 18-month Public Comment period:
CALLUNA VULGARIS, FLOS
CUPRUM OXYDATUM NIGRUM
MERCURIUS PRAECIPITATUS RUBER
2. The following 3 monographs were revised by the Standards & Controls Committee and republished in April 2012. Additions and corrections were made to the main monographs and QUALITY CONTROL specifications. The revised monographs will become official following the expiration of an 18-month Public Comment period:
3. The following 13 monographs were revised and republished in August 2012, with changes in Medication levels proposed by the Toxicology & Safety Committee. The new Medication levels, displayed in the list below, will become official following the expiration of an 18-month Public Comment period:
ALETRIS FARINOSA: OTC=4X; Ext Use=N/A; Rx=3X; HPN=TINC.
ARGENTUM METALLICUM: OTC=5X; Ext Use=5X; Rx=3X; HPN=1X
BERBERIS AQUIFOLIUM: OTC=3X; Ext Use=2X; Rx=2X; HPN=TINC.
BERBERIS VULGARIS: OTC=3X; Ext Use=2X; Rx=2X; HPN=TINC.
CAUSTICUM: OTC=3X; Ext Use=N/A; Rx=1X; HPN=N/A
CHENOPODIUM ANTHELMINTHICUM: OTC=6X; Ext Use=N/A; Rx=4X; HPN=TINC.
CLEMATIS ERECTA: OTC=4X; Ext Use=N/A; Rx=3X; HPN=TINC.
COCCULUS INDICUS: OTC=4X; Ext Use=N/A; Rx=3X; HPN=TINC.
JUGLANS REGIA: OTC=5X; Ext Use=4X; Rx=3X; HPN=TINC.
KREOSOTUM: OTC=6X; Ext Use=6X; Rx=6X; HPN=2X
LEDUM PALUSTRE: OTC=4X; Ext Use=2X; Rx=2X; HPN=TINC.
PIX LIQUIDA: OTC=6X; Ext Use=N/A; Rx=5X; HPN=1X
PODOPHYLLUM PELTATUM: OTC=5X; Ext Use=5X; Rx=3X; HPN=TINC.
4. The following monograph was corrected and republished in August 2012. Class specifications inadvertently omitted from the original published monograph were added to the Preparation and Classification field:
5. The following monograph was revised and republished in August 2012. Incorrect QUALITY CONTROL specifications originally published with the monograph were replaced with the correct QUALITY CONTROL specifications:
6. The public comment period for QUALITY CONTROL specifications for the following 27 monographs expired in October 2012. The monographs were republished with the date "November 2012" on each monograph:
AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANUM, FLOS
LONICERA CAPRIFOLIUM, FLOS
7. The Drug Data Tables have been updated (populated by updated monograph data).
8. The Official Short Names list has been updated (populated by updated monograph data).
9. The List of Synonyms has been updated (populated by updated monograph data).